Thursday, January 17, 2008

NZ Part 1

Our first 5 nights in New Zealand were spent in Whangamata, approximately 1.5 hrs south east of Auckland. It is the home that I knew my Grandparents at, spend some of my favourite summers and is where my father spent alot of his youth. I have some great memories that were made here and I was so excited to be able to share new memories with my "extended" family as well as catching up with my immediate family in New Zealand. These are some shots around and about Whangamata over the 4-5 day period. We went hiking, swimming, boogy boarding, musselling, walked to Clarke Island at low tide, did lots of eating and drinking and in general had a great relaxing time before starting the "travel" leg of our holiday. More to come of Whangamata and then onto Rotorua, Whakatane, Taupo and finally Auckland. Lots and lots of photos to come. Oh, by the way. That insanely over-the-top smile that Phoebe is putting on is her "Whangamata Smile". She looks so somber that I asked for a smile and said "How about a Whangamata smile. Show me how much you like the place". That's our Pheebe's. Over the top :) Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: